[15 JUN 2021] HEADSTART LANGUAGE RESUMES FULL CAMPUS OPERATIONS FROM 21 JUNE 2021 (Phase 3 HEIGHTENED ALERT)
The Singapore government has announced the phased easing of COVID-19 curbs as we enter Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) on 14 June 2021. HEADSTART LANGUAGE will resume full campus operations from 21 June 2021 (1 week after commencing P3HA), with strict social distancing measures in place. We ask for all student’s cooperation in adhering to school measures whenever on-campus.
MANDATORY ON-CAMPUS PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
Strict precautionary measures for disinfection, hygiene and wipe down routines, and social distancing requirements are in place. We require all students to closely abide by the measures whenever on-campus at all times.
- Safe Entry, Travel & Health
- All students and visitors will be required to check-in and out on TraceTogether when entering or exiting school premises. With effect from 17 May 2021, all students can only check in with either their TraceTogether Tokens or TraceTogether app.
- Persons who have returned from overseas must not come to school premises for 21 days from date of arrival in Singapore, or until the end of their mandated quarantine period, whichever is later.
- Persons who are feeling unwell, exhibit a fever or display respiratory symptoms, are strictly prohibited from entering school premises and are advised to seek immediate medical attention.
- Persons who are serving LOA, SHN, or HQO are not allowed to come to school premises for the duration of their stay-home / quarantine period.
- Persons who are close contacts or household members of persons serving LOA, SHN or HQO are advised to abstain from attending classes on-campus.
- Persons who have been identified for community testing should receive a negative result before coming to campus.
- All the above affected students may arrange for make-up class with an online class, or on-campus class scheduled for after the risk period. Please seek our administration’s assistance for help in covering lessons you will be missing.
- Students who are in at-risk occupations (such as front line medical staff, flight attendants) are encouraged to monitor for onset of symptoms vigilantly, and use personal discretion and responsibility to determine whether their attending on-campus classes will pose a risk to the wider school community. Students in these occupations who would like to explore online class alternatives may approach our administration for available options.
- Social Distancing Measures
- Alternated Seating: Students will be required to maintain a 1m distance from each other at all times. In order to facilitate this, we have arranged for alternated seating in our classrooms, with each seat being 1m apart from one another. Seats are demarcated accordingly and we request students to seat themselves so that there is an empty seat between them.
- Closure of Common Waiting Areas: The school will be closing the common areas / waiting areas on school premises to prevent crowding. Students are encouraged not to enter school premises until 5 minutes before the start of class. It is advisable to arrive just in time for class instead of arriving early and waiting in the school common areas. Common waiting areas will be reserved for students with appointments with their teachers or with the school admin office.
- Food, Drink & Social Events Prohibited Within School Compounds: Students are advised not to eat and drink in class as this would require them to take their masks off. In-class social events such as birthday celebrations, teacher’s day celebrations et cetera will also not be allowed for the time being until further notice.
- Health & Hygiene Related Measures
- Temperature Taking: Students are to be responsible for taking their own temperatures before entering the classrooms. Thermometers are available and accessible at the entrance of all school premises. Students who have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher should not be entering the classrooms / school premises. Please visit the doctor immediately.
- Wipe Down Routine: Teachers will facilitate student wipe down of all classroom tables and chairs at the start and end of every class in the school. This ensures that surfaces that students are in contact with are free from any harmful pathogens.
- Mandatory Masks: All persons entering school premises will be required to wear a face mask that covers their nose, mouth and sides of their face. Students who have broken or damaged their masks during class may approach our front counter for a disposable mask. Any persons who do not have a mask or refuses to wear a mask will be turned away. Face shields may be used on top of wearing a mask but cannot replace mask usage.
- Hand Sanitizers at Stoppage Points: Hand sanitizers will be provided at all human traffic stoppage points in the school such as the administration front desk and attendance tables. Students are encouraged to bring their own stationery and pens to use in class and to sign attendance at the attendance table. If using the school’s shared pens, stationery or materials, please remember to sanitize your hands thoroughly before and after use.
- Dettol All in One Disinfectant Spray on Door Handles: All door handles in the school are sprayed with Dettol All in One Disinfectant spray that lasts for hours from the time of every application. The disinfectant spray inactivates viruses, kills viruses, bacteria and fungi upon contact.
- Visual Health Inspections on School Premises: Staff and teachers will be extremely vigilant in conducting visual inspections of all students attending classes. Any student who appears unwell will not be permitted to attend class and will be turned away from school premises. Students who are feeling unwell and who display flu-like symptoms are advised to seek immediate medical attention and to abstain coming for classes.
Safety of our students is of paramount importance in HEADSTART LANGUAGE. We will be grateful for our students’ cooperation in helping to safeguard the community. We urge everyone to practice social distancing. Together we can fight this. Let’s stay strong, stay vigilant, and stay safe. Thank you for your co-operation.